Passengers are allowed cabin baggage under the following circumstances:
- the dimensions must not exceed 56x45x25 cm (length x width x height, total 126 cm);
- more than one item is allowed* but total weight must not exceed 8 kg, and the items must fit into the baggage frame;
- all liquids carried in hand luggage must fit into a single 1-litre, transparent, resealable plastic bag (such as a minigrip bag);
- the maximum size of the individual containers holding the liquids in the plastic bag is 100 ml;
- prohibited articles are not allowed to be carried in the cabin baggage.
* Passengers are allowed to carry free of charge the following accessories as cabin baggage: 1 handbag, 1 laptop or one item similar or smaller size and 1umbrella type baby stroller with small wheels for infant (when travelling with infant). All the cabin baggage items together must not weigh more than 8 kg.
Cabin baggage must be placed in the overhead compartments or under the seat in front of you. In the interests of your own and other passengers’ safety and comfort pieces of luggage exceeding these limits have to be checked in.
Delivery at Aircraft (DAA) hand baggage
When the flight is operated with CRJ900 you may be asked to leave your unchecked baggage at the door of the aircraft before boarding the aircraft. At the gate or at the door of the aircraft baggage will be tagged as Delivery At Aircraft (DAA). Immediately after landing DAA baggage will be delivered near the aircraft door where you can pick it up. In case of DAA, be sure to take out valuable items, travel documents, electronic devices such as mobile telephone, laptop, digital cameras or other fragile items before leaving such baggage near the aircraft for loading in hold of the aircraft.
- Business - 2 pieces, single piece may not exceed weight of 32 kg / 70 lbs*
- Flex - 2 pieces, single piece may not exceed weight of 23 kg / 50 lbs*
- Eco - 1 piece, single piece may not exceed weight of 23 kg / 50 lbs
- Light - 0 piece
* Exceptionally, Business and Flex Class passengers may replace one item of their checked-in baggage with golf or ski bag.
Maximum size (length x width x height) per piece must not exceed 158 cm.
Pooling rule applies to family or friends travelling together in case their flights are in one booking. Only the sum of pieces can be pooled – number of baggage pieces must correspond to the number of passengers.
Passengers travelling with babies (up to the age of 2) may take an extra 10 kg/1 unit of checked-in baggage (except with Light tickets, i.e. tickets that do not include checked-in baggage) and a pram free of charge in addition to their own luggage.
Estonian Air baggage rules apply on flights to European destinations when the journey is on one ticket but operated by more than one carrier and the first international leg is operated by Estonian Air within Europe. When starting your journey from the destination, baggage rules of the carrier operating the first international flight, apply. On intercontinental flights baggage rules on partner airlines apply.
Excess baggage charge
Baggage carried in excess of the free baggage allowance is subject to an additional charge. The following table can only be used as a guideline as it only shows excess baggage charges when travelling with Estonian Air point to point:
|Overweight / Oversize||24-32 kg and/or 159-203 cm||80 EUR|
|33-45 kg and/or 204-250 cm||120 EUR|
|Extra piece||up to 23 kg /158 cm, payment at the Ticket Office, Customer Service or Travel Agency||40 EUR|
|up to 23 kg / 158 cm, payment at the Gate if not paid earlier||60 EUR|
|24-32 kg and/or 159-203 cm||100 EUR|
|33-45 kg and/or 204-250 cm||150 EUR|
More information about restrictions and prohibitions for goods carried with traveler on theweb page of Estonian Tax and Customs Board.